Gewürzhaus Spiced Salmon with Chimichurri Yoghurt & Slaw
22 Feb 2019
Spiced salmon served with refreshing Chimichurri yoghurt and slaw is an easy to make dinner for 2 with spices from Gewürzhaus.
Time: 30 minutes
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 tbsp of Gewürzhaus Chimichurri Spice
- 1 tsp Gewürzhaus Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Gewürzhaus Allspice
- 1 tsp dark muscovado sugar
- 1/3 cup of Greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Gewürzhaus Murray River Pink Salt (to taste)
- 2 x 200g salmon fillets
- 1/8 red cabbage
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves, picked
- 2 limes/lemons
- 1 tsp white vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. To make the marinade for the salmon, combine 3 tbsp olive oil with 2 tbsp of Chimichurri spice, the smoked paprika, allspice, and dark muscovado sugar, then leave for 10 min for the flavours to develop.
3. In another bowl, mix together the remaining tbsp of Chimichurri spice with the yoghurt, mayonnaise and salt; set aside.
4. In the mean time, coat the salmon with the marinade and let sit for another 10 min.
5. Shred the red cabbage, cut the mint into thin ribbons and combine the two in a bowl.
6. In a hot pan, sear the salmon on each side for about 2 min, then transfer it to the oven and cook for a further 5 min (depending on its thickness). The salmon is done when it flakes easily.
7. Dress the cabbage with the juice of 1 lime/lemon, vinegar, olive oil and a pinch of salt.
8. Arrange half of the cabbage on a plate, top with the salmon and serve with the Chimichurri yoghurt on the side or drizzled over the top, accompanied by a few lime/lemon wedges.
Shop 22, Ground Floor
Recipe from Gewürzhaus website