Gewürzhaus Persian Love Cake
19 Mar 2019
The perfect afternoon tea treat, this Persian Love Cake is topped with Gewürzhaus Cardamom Pistachio Sugar for a soft but sweet spice
Time: 45 minutes
- 3 ½ cups almond meal
- ¾ cup Demerara sugar
- ¾ cup Gewürzhaus Cardamom Pistachio Sugar, plus extra to serve
- 120 g. butter, at room temperature
- 2 free range eggs
- 250 g. natural yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 tsp. Gewürzhaus Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Gewürzhaus Ground Cardamom
- Zest of 1 orange
- 50 g. raw pistachios, chopped
- Gewürzhaus Pyramid Flake Salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 26cm cake pan.
2. In a food processor, pulse together the almond meal, sugars, butter and a pinch of salt until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
3. Spoon half the mixture into your prepared pan and press down to form an even base.
4. Add the eggs, yoghurt, half the orange zest and spices to the remaining crumb and pulse until smooth and creamy. Pour over the base, and tap the tin to level the top of the cake. Scatter the top with pistachios and bake for 30-35 minutes or until cake is golden.
5. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Mix together yoghurt, remaining orange zest and 1 tsp. of Cardamom Pistachio Sugar to serve.
This cake will keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
Shop 22, Ground Floor
Recipe from Gewürzhaus website